• Personal data collected by Global Journey;
• Reasons for collecting personal data;
• Sharing of personal data;
• Receiving contact from Global Journey and changing contact preferences;
• Transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”);
• Security of personal data;
• Personal data and your rights;
• Retention of personal data;
• Third party sites;
• and changes.
Personal data collected by Global Journey
We will collect and use the following categories of personal data about you:
(1) Personal data you share with us When you order from us, on the Website, when you register for a Global Journey account, when you sign up to our mailing lists (eg. news, product updates, sample sale), or when you complete one of our customer feedback surveys, we may ask for (one or more of) your name, title, gender, date of birth, email address, delivery address, telephone number, credit or debit card number, registered address of the card (referred to on the Website as the “billing address”), CVC number, the card’s expiry date and a contact phone number for the registered address of the card.
(2) Personal data we collect about you We collect some personal data, as well as other information in the form of anonymous or aggregate statistics, when you use our Website. We may collect: IP address; MAC address; other browser-generated information, e.g. browser type, operating system, date and time of access, how long a person looks at a website, what they look at etc; and location information. We collect some of this information using cookies. You can find more information on what cookies we use, how we use them, and your options for changing how we use them in the section below on “Cookies” and in our Cookies Policy.
(3) Personal data we receive from other sources When you interact with us, or use any of our pages on social media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube and Google+, we may collect information about you which could include personal data, for example, when you “Like” a post on our Facebook page, or “Follow” us on Twitter. Those social media sites will also have their own privacy policies explaining how they use and share your personal data. You should carefully review those privacy policies before you use social media sites, to make sure that you are happy with them.
Reasons for collecting personal data
(1) Personal data you share with us We use the personal data you share with us in order to perform our obligations under any contract we have with you, and specifically to: provide you with our products and to fulfil orders that you place with us on our Website create and help you manage your Global Journey account; allow you to return your Global Journey product, if you change your mind; respond to your questions and requests; and send you information on any changes we make to our policies or terms. Where you have given us your consent to contact you, we will use your personal data to: send you newsletters, marketing communications, and products updates invite you to events we are exhibiting at and notify you of other Global Journey products we think you might like based on your previous purchases. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
(2) Personal data we collect about you We use the personal data we collect about you for our legitimate interests so that we can: tailor the way that you interact with us in the future, such as tailoring certain emails and also show you certain adverts, products or offers in which we think you may be interested, on our Website analyse how our Website is used, so that we can constantly improve the services that we offer; analyse your feedback, and understand your expectations on our products or services to optimize your customer experience; Not all of the information used for these purposes is “personal data”; some of it is anonymised or used on an aggregate basis.
Sharing of personal data
We may share your personal data with the following third parties:
Service providers who help us to operate our Website, fulfil your orders and deliver our products to you; for example, couriers, payment providers, IT support and so on;
Market research and customer survey companies to help us develop and improve your customer experience. We provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services and work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected. These companies are prohibited by contract from using this information for their own marketing purposes or from disclosing or sharing this information with anyone other than Global Journey;
Fulfilment companies to send mailing to your postal address if you have consented to receive mailings; and certain regulatory bodies, government and enforcement agencies, if we need to do so or are requested to do so.
We will also share personal data collected about you with social media channels, advertising networks and other third parties who help us to understand how our Website and App are being used, how well our advertising works and how we can improve; to provide ad measurement services and to target advertising (and in some cases, we may allow those third parties to collect and receive data themselves for these purposes, which they may also collect from elsewhere on the internet and other apps). This information is collected using cookies and other similar technologies. You can find more information on what cookies and technologies are used, how they are used, and your options for changing how we use them in the section below on “Cookies” and in our Cookies Policy.
If we decide to sell or buy any parts of our business, we may also need to share your personal data with the buyer of those parts of the business. In those circumstances, we will make sure that any new buyer will promptly give you details of how they will use your personal data, and your options for changing that. We will not sell your personal data to any third party.
Receiving contact from Global Journey & changing contact preferences
From time to time, we may send you e-mails with information in relation to any products which we think you might like. You can ask us to stop contacting you at any time, by contacting us at email@example.com, or by calling us on +44 (0) 161 872 0333, or by using the unsubscribe option in each e-mail.
Transfers of personal data outside the European Economic Area
Security of personal data We care about your personal data and know that you trust us to keep it secure. We use appropriate technical and organisational measures, including encryption, to protect your personal data, and review those regularly. Unfortunately, the transmission of personal data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data on transmission via the internet. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Personal data and your rights You have the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge.
You also have the right to access any personal data that we hold about you. To prevent fraudulent access, we shall require you to provide suitable ID to confirm who you are, before we provide any personal data to you.
In any cases, if you would like to update, correct or access the personal data we hold about you, please contact us on at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling us on +44 (0) 161 872 0333,
If you wish us to erase your personal data or restrict our processing of your personal data please contact our customer service on at email@example.com, or by calling us on +44 (0) 161 872 0333,.To prevent fraudulent requests, we shall ask you to provide suitable ID to confirm your identity before we erase any personal data. Third party sites